Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Support DonorsChoose.org!


Reflections at Ground Zero will have to wait, until I have the energy to stand up again. Monitoring students on my feet for hours straight is a rough routine to get back into.

DonorsChoose.org helped get me a free color laser printer for my classroom, which was an immense help in helping teach my English Learners last year, and will continue to help this year. I also scored a free poster laminator to help create paper activities with a longer usage life, to allow for more hands-on work.

I said free! I paid nothing at all, and got so much in return. Now I have a chance to give back, through the Members Project:

I'd like to tell you about a project I saw on Members Project. It's called "Help 100,000 children thrive in the classroom!," and with your support it could get funding from American Express. The best part: nominating this project for potential funding is free and only takes a minute!

Members Project is an exciting initiative that brings people together to make a difference in the world. It's simple. People go online to share ideas for projects — and ultimately vote on which projects will share $2.5 million in funding from American Express.

In 2007, Members Project provided clean drinking water to children all across Africa. What will Members Project do this year? The decision is yours. Please click the link to the DonorsChoose Members Project and nominate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis