Sunday, July 30, 2006

Where do we go from here?


This will mark my last official week of my blessed summer, as I will be moving again from this summer apartment sublet of mine back into the dorms, where we'll start another intense 2 weeks of Hall Staff training followed by a welcome week with exceedingly younger freshmen (class of 2010!).

During that time I will be mostly preoccupied with all-day training sessions and meeting new staff, so I'm not betting on any long-winded posts, although I still will be checking in *hopefully* every other day. I'm going to try and say a few words about aspects of diversity that we touch on during training, about acknowledging their importance in facilitating a cohesive and supportive community. Last year's training was replete with lasting conversations and alternative perspectives, and if this year runs the same way, I will have a lot of information to distill into this blog.

In the meantime, I'll be continually working as an undergrad slave researcher, and studying for the GREs which happen to be coming up on Friday. I'll wager you'll see a post or two on these topics as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis