Friday, March 27, 2009

highlight of the month


"After reading the Misconceptions about Evolution packet, I learned that most of what I had thought about evolution was wrong. Reading each response after every misconception helped clarify things.

One misconception I had about evolution is that it is incompatible with religion. The response helped me realize that religion and science differ greatly from one another. Science is involved only with nature which can explain natural phenomena, while religion deals with the beliefs that are beyond the natural world. At first, I didn't care to read this packet, but after reading it, it explained a lot of questions that were always left unanswered. Now, I can learn about evolution without being closed-minded."

- Student response to Misconceptions About Evolution reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis